Thursday, November 19, 2009

What Not to Wear While Painting

0.3 hours of finish sanding, in the same clothes I wore during my pitch at a design review earlier today.

The other day, while Don was painting, I forgot to turn out the lights as we were closing the hangar door.  I reached back in through the narrow gap with my navy golf jacket on, and as my arm brushed the wall by the light switch, I got wet paint on my sleeve.  Actually it was primer, not paint - and specifically chosen because of its renowned stickiness.

I rushed home and Lisa somehow got almost all of the the white primer off my jacket.  Then we dropped Don at the Green Line for a dangerous, nighttime, light rail odyssey back to Burbank (though Compton and Watts via the Blue Line, then the Red Line all the way to North Hollywood, thence by car shuttle courtesy of unamused girlfriend).

So anyway, today, I took that jacket off and put a denim work shirt over my customer interface finery.  It's impossible to sand drywall mud without getting white powder spots on your clothes, but they dust off pretty easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment