Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Program Review: Flunking Grade for Bearhawk

Just got back from two week vacation, during which I got to try my hand at float flying, in a Cessna 172 on floats.  Very fun, very inspiring, very galvanizing, but upon returning to Hangar 2789M, reality set in and I had to conclude that the Bearhawk is very discouragingly far away from completion given our abysmal rate of progress over the last few months.  So I conducted a full review of the Bearhawk program.  This time I spared the rest of the team so I could do my project management thing, and really got into the nuts and bolts.  Bottom line: we get an "F."  Immediate and dramatic improvement is needed or this project is likely to be terminated.

The good news is I  have identified a number of ways to move the project forward, and I am in a surprisingly good position to execute.  It's part of my nature to rise to the challenge of a desperate last stand, so let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment