Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Fledgling Leaves the Nest

2/3 kids are still running fevers, but the worst is over, so back to every day work toward AIRPLANE BUILD.

But first, I need to acknowledge the first flight of one of my other airplane projects, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, to which I have devoted most of the last five years of my professional existence (as Moog Inc. Project Engineer for the leading edge high-lift actuation system).  After well over two years of delays to the first flight, the Dreamliner finally "slipped the surly bonds of earth" for the first time late this morning, I wanna say about 10:25.

At the same moment, I launched my 787 glider - purchased from the Boeing gift store more than two years ago - across the sea of cubicles.   



Yes, though the rubber band was cracked from age, waiting for this day, I "flung my eager craft through footless halls of air ..."


It slammed into the ceiling and broke.



But that's OK, because the real airplane flew successfully.

So back to the Swamptooth airplane project.  Today I swept up the hangar and made a shopping list to get the floor painted. Total project time ~0.1 hours.



"Mad props" to High Flight by John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment